It’s been almost 3 years since we posted anything!
We’ve done quite a bit of work and organizing since we left you hanging with that last blog post about the kitchen update. So, I thought we’d close out the “first” blog about our first house renovations with a big ol’ update. A lot of these updates are new to the blog … but not-at-all new to us … so I’ll try to catch everything, but, well, you know. (It’s been like 3 years, guys … so I might miss some stuff.)
And, it’s winter and the holiday season now … so these update pics are all snow and decorations and fun … but you’ll get the basic gist of (some of) the updates listed.
(If you’re new here, and want to see what we were working with at the beginning, click here; then come back and look at these pictures … we’ve come a looooong way.)
Living Room & Dining Room Updates
- New rugs & some furniture
- New lighting fixture
- New curtains
- New stove!
- Updated paint color
Master Bedroom & Bathroom Updates
- New (black)paint (… and Patrick didn’t think it would look good … it looks the best! Side note: I did it all while he was out of town one weekend. He knew I was doing it, but wasn’t there to stop me.)
- New built-in book shelves
- New stuff … and so we had to rearrange a lot of things, which included building new shelves and buying new rugs and furniture … but not a lot of renovation, mostly stuff that’ll come with us.
Back Hallway, 2nd Bathroom, and Guest Bedroom Updates
- New organization cabinets
- More built-in coat hooks
- FINALLY, bi-fold closet doors! (Of all of these updates, I was probably most excited about this one … and every time I use them, I’m still so impressed with myself.)
Garage & Basement Updates
- Organized & cleaned! (Both need to be painted before we sell … but it’s so much nicer now.)
… no pictures here, but before we move, we’ll put some up.
- We cut the tree in the front corner down. (A few years ago, an ice storm ruined it, but every summer it kind-of grew; last summer it was clear it was actually just dying.)
- New metal garden beds – and they worked GREAT … too bad we won’t be taking them with us.
- Driveway reseal.
- New front porch curtains, rug, chairs, and flower pots.
- Our rose bushes and weeping cherry tree are all doing GREAT!
- Unfortunately, the stupid squirrels ate all of my tulip bulbs – I have like 5 that come up annually now, but those 5 are pretty.
- Also, we never have figured out the shady, front garden bed; so last year, we just gave up and planted all hostas. They grow like crazy over there and looked pretty good.